Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tidbit from Wild at Heart Tayman


Open Door is the best kept secret at HRBC. It's the small, often easily missed, random comments and "tidbits" (Didn't tidbits also used to be some kind of crunchy cheese stick snack?) during our times together that challenge and inspire us. Like the time Woody Delcorso gave me the book "Wild At Heart" because of something he heard me say during class. Over the course of several weeks, Woody then "inspired" ( pressured, twisted my arm, forced, coerced) me to read it- something that I enjoy about as much as watching paint dry. 

Long story short... It has been a life altering event for my family... And as I like to say... It's all Woody's fault!

Woody has come and gone from HRBC. We still keep in touch. After his recent move to Louisiana, he summed up his short time with us by saying, "Tayman, God sent me to Open Door so that I could give you that book".

Open Minds. Open Hearts. Open Door.

... May God Light A Fire In Your Heart.

Stephen A. Tayman

No comments: