Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ladies Night 08 reflections

Hi all, I want to thank you for a great night last night. For those of you who missed it, let me just say.. You seriously missed it. Our Open Door class events are always fun, but last night was exceptional on all fronts and each of us played a part. You all are great friends. Here is a gallery of a "few" photos...

I can't speak for the ladies directly, but the guys had an awesome time in the kitchen and the food came out great. Jon, you are "da man" on that grill. As far as the pretty boys go, Ken, Tim and Barry set the bar for the future. I have to send out a thanks to my daughter Alyssa for all her help with the shopping. If I had been there by myself it would have taken much, much longer. Thanks Alyssa. Also, thanks to the childcare folks and to Tracee for setting all that up.. It was really incredible to have a "grown up" meal without having to worry about the kids at all..

I feel like we all got to know each other a lot better and that was the goal. Of course, we also wanted to prove to the ladies that we could actually plan and pull off a "high end" gourmet dining experience. For my notes, I think we got the job done AND had fun doing it.

I would also like to offer particular personal thanks for the exceptional job of clean up in the kitchen. That is not my strong suit by a long shot. Tracee, said we are now "certified" and can use her kitchen anytime. That is quite an accomplishment, I assure you.

Missed you all this AM as we were singing at St Thomas Episcopal, but we will see you next week. Thanks to all of you.

Next class event will be a Christmas party or drop in of some sort.. I need a "leadership team" for that one pretty quickly. Tracee and I will gladly help and offer up our house to host, but other options are available too.

jeff

PS that mozzarella caprese is PHENOMENAL as a leftover for lunch.. WOW, is all I can say.. plus we are going to make more bruschetta pomodoro this afternoon as I'm addicted now. I forgot how much I love that stuff..

REFERENCE INFO-MENU FOR POSTERITY:
Head Chef: Jeff P
Sous Chef: Tim R, Jon T
Servers/Service: Ken W, Barry L, Tim R
Sommalier: Ken W
Runner: Tim R

LADIES in attendance: Tracee P, Vickie L, Jennie R, Heidi T, Angie W

Ramp up/Greeting time:
Bread: Pumpernickel, Marble with Butter
Water, Sparkling water(Apollinaris), Va Wines

Appetizers:
Mozzarella Caprese
Bruschetta Pomodoro

Salad:
Baby Spinach w/fresh walnuts, dried cranberries & Maytag blue cheese in a gourmet white balsamic vinagrette

Entree: Petite filets wrapped w/bacon, grilled peppers & mushrooms, roast red skin potatoes all topped with marinated and seasoned large shrimp

Dessert: Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake and Grilled banana chocolate surprise.

No comments: